Pages

Wednesday 1 July 2015

A second outfit for when it's (still) hot in the city....

So as I was saying yesterday, I've recently done some work with lower 6th form students about what to wear to interviews. The outfit below was a soft tailored look as opposed to a more formal, corporate look. It's still smart and stylish but it's more modern than the suited and booted look.

I love this Topshop sleeveless duster coat (£65) which is great for the warmer summer months. It has a lovely fluidity about it and is really smart without being stiff and restrictive.


The detail on the back of the coat is lovely too and it could be styled with the belt tied loosely at the back offering a great option for curvier figures as it just skims without clinging.


Underneath the sleeveless duster coat I used this Mango flowy shirt (£9.99), which wasn't too sheer - a common problem with white blouses. I was really impressed by the quality and if it had had a Reiss label in it, I wouldn't have argued with it. It's a great offering for £9.99.


Topshop  do their cigarette trousers (£22) in several different prints as well as in their short and tall range. I'm a big fan of this shape for a modern look as they are slim without beings skinny. I tried these on just to see what they felt like and I was really impressed with them. I'm always in between sizes with this particular style of Topshop trouser so they don't quite work for me but otherwise I would buy a pair like a shot. They also come in black and are machine washable, which is always a bonus.



When it came to accessories I wanted something modern and something that the girls would (hopefully) enjoy wearing. So the Topshop snake effect court shoes (£59) filled one gap...


and the Topshop snake effect panel bag (£40) filled another. The structured bag offered a nice contrast to the more fluid and drapey fabrics on the top half of the outfit.


With the basis of this outfit being such a simple colour palette, it would be easy to ring the changes and swap the accessories for brighter ones, clash them, tone them, add in some statement jewellery and really have fun with it. So I hope that some of you will!